Terms and Conditions
- Dominicards is a registered trademark belonging to the Dominican Sisters of St Joseph (UK Charity No. 1050485). All photos and images on this website belong to the Dominican Sisters of St Joseph and may not be used elsewhere without our permission.
- We aim to process orders within 5 working days of when they are placed, but please note that as we are a religious congregation this is subject to our prayer life and our apostolate. At busy times of the year (or when we are on retreat!) orders may take longer to be processed. (N.B. The processing time of an order is the time it takes us to receive, package and post it. It does not include the time it takes for the Royal Mail to deliver it to you.)
- Orders placed after 7pm UK time will be counted as having been placed the following day.
- In general, we post our orders using Royal Mail Second Class (UK customers) and Royal Mail International Standard (customers outside the UK). For terms and conditions of posting see the Royal Mail website.
- We are a small religious congregation and Dominicards has been set up in order to support our life and mission. As such, we are unable to afford returns/refunds of our products, unless we have made an error with your order. Because of this, we ask that all our customers carefully read the descriptions of our products before purchasing. We have done our utmost to ensure the accuracy of the photos and descriptions on our product pages for this purpose.
- All our prices are specified in Pound Sterling (£), and all orders placed with us require payment in Pound Sterling (£). However, PayPal may perform the conversion from your currency to Pounds at the then-current exchange rate. Note that PayPal charges a fee for currency exchanges. For more information about PayPal currency conversion features and fee, please refer your PayPal User Agreement.
- When you purchase products from the Dominicards website, the operations related to your payment are all performed by PayPal (www.paypal.com), which provides a secure payment service. It is not necessary to create a PayPal account to purchase with your Credit Card. You will be connected with PayPal, where you can safely review, cancel, or complete your transaction.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
(2) What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
(a) information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation.
(b) information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
(c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of sending feedback to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
Our payment services providers may also send you cookies.
(4) Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
(a) administer the website;
(b) send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
(c) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
(d) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
(e) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
(f) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(d) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
(6) International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
(7) Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
(8) Policy amendments
(9) Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.